Monday, January 31, 2011

Break-FAST!

Good morning. I am in a super mood this morning. Last night at church we had Night of Worship, which ended our church-wide 21 Day Fast. It was epic, to say the least. What an awesome service. Chris Moncus Photography took some amazing photos too. You can check them out on St. Simons Community Church's Facebook page.

Well, I gave into Facebook a few days early, because I had some networking that needed to be done. However, I still plan to devote most of my energy to my blog and only check FB occasionally. I did stick to my caffeine fast, though. So....guess what I just made?! COFFEE! Oh my goodness, I could do a backflip. I thought I would get used to not having it every day, but I really never did. Needless to say, I was anxiously awaiting this day. I have spent more time in prayer and meditation over the last month, though. I have read more, and thought more. I feel stronger and happier all the time. Fasts are beneficial for anybody seeking more discipline and focus. So far, I am one month into 2011 and I am very satisfied with all the changes I have made. I have really tried not to waste time, not to pre-judge people or situations, and I am learning how to know which relationships to invest in, and which ones to release. So far, so GOOD.

To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping” 
-Chinese Proverb


More to blog about tomorrow! Must do some work now. Here are a couple good songs to check out (both by Brandon Heath):


No comments:

Post a Comment