Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

Happy New Year.
Wow. What can I say? 2010 was a huge whirlwind of stress. I moved multiple times, got divorced, started a new job, and countless other minor things in between- and all with a baby/toddler in tow. As a whole, I am happy to be able to release last year to the history books.
I start the new year with goals, resolutions and a renewed sense of self worth. If I learned anything last year, it would simply be that "all that you have, is yourself". I have one body, one mind, one soul. I have one life, and one chance to make it count. I have had moments of incredible strength, and moments of debilitating weakness. However, at the end of the day (or, end of the year)- I'm confident in myself as an individual. Although the way I conduct my day to day life may sometimes appear substandard, today I am secure with my direction, my decisions, and even my mistakes.
Last year was the first year I made 5 resolutions, and I followed through. To share, they were:


1. Run a Race
2. Get back to pre-pregnancy weight
3. Cultivate my photography hobby/education/business
4. Get involved in a Church that I love
5. Give to a charity

By February, I had lost all 60 pounds that I had gained during my pregnancy. In May, I ran my first race on Jekyll Island. I bought a DSLR in January, began portfolio building, and in June- I was blessed to have found my job as Studio Manager for 3181 Photography, where I learn more about my craft every day while making a living. I was able to contribute to the relief in Haiti in January, and in 2010 I re-found my home at St. Simons Community Church, where I have also made some amazing connections with some phenomenal people.

With that said, I am comfortable feeling like resolutions aren't necessarily something that can't be achieved. Even at the end of a tumultuous year, it feels empowering to have at least conquered five goals that I set for myself on 1/1/10.

This year I have endless short and long term goals to better my lifestyle and my physical and mental health. As far as resolutions go, I have seven for 2011...

1. Write my first song
2. Cultivate my musical gifts (guitar, and singing)
3. Run a 10k or +
4. Build and maintain a savings account
5. Go on a mission trip, even if it's local
6. Photograph Grayson at least weekly
7. TRAVEL when able. Even alone.

So, that was my New Years post. I have deleted Facebook for now, as it was becoming too distracting and too controlling. Because of that, I will be keeping my blog updated better and more often for family and friends.

Let the new year commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment