Monday, March 30, 2009

2nd Trimester woes!

I am officially in my second trimester now, in my 14th week. I had what seemed to be a leaking of amniotic fluid, at around lunchtime today. I called the doctor and they wanted me to come on in to get checked out. To make a long story short, I went in, They did an ultrasound to re-check cervical length and as it turned out, my cervix grew a centimeter! There was some infection however. They will check again next week. This is so great, thank you all for your prayers and well wishes! Baby was great, very active. He looked like he was break dancing. They told me that he definitely has a penis too. I am still not buying anything blue for another month (because I am superstitious), but it is so cool to know! His name will be Grayson Parker Hightower (Gray). Very cool!
Here is the baby, who is now about 4 inches crown to rump (not including legs):

Boy proof between the legs:


I had my first prenatal massage last weekend and it was heaven! Can't wait for the next one. Everything else around here is going well! I posted another belly pic from today down below!!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely see a penis!!! :) So happy that everything went well today and you got to see little Grayson, am I jealous or what of you the ultrasound queen!? Maybe I should fake a problem just for a sneak peek. lol. And I'm still hoping that I am having a boy too. Last night I dreamt that I had some test that went wrong when I was around 18 weeks and gave birth to a boy and he was fine and like 5 lbs hahahaha. 18 more days and I will know! I have always wanted a girl before getting pregnant, but I get pregnant and I'm like, Ohh it's a boy, I hope!!
    And your belly is sure growing!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete