Sunday, September 13, 2009

Eggplant Date Night

Last night, Jay and I decided to go out to dinner for our last date night before baby. Of course, we chose Scalini's in Marietta which is world famous for their "labor inducing Eggplant Parmigiana". They have been featured on Good Morning America and everything else. You can visit their site here: www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm
We walk in, and I immediately notice all the other pregnant women there, hoping for the same outcome. They guarantee a baby within 48 hours! I am a definite skeptic, but hey- I love eggplant and why not?! So, I ordered the featured dish and forced myself to eat it ALL. It was a bit of a struggle since my stomach has been forced back up into my heart/lungs, but I licked up every bit of that magic sauce. After that, we came home and watched the GA game which put me in a good mood before bed. At about 11pm, I started have uncomfortable Braxton Hicks contractions about every 3-5 minutes! I wouldn't think anything of this, but I have had NO contractions- PERIOD! This regular uterine activity was new for me! So far, I think there is definitely something in the E.P. that is a contraction causing agent- it's up to your body whether or not to take the cue. I am only in my 15th hour, so we will see how it pans out. I am starting to believe in the myth! I have had steady contractions all night and all morning... maybe they will turn into the real thing. Only time will tell!

In the meantime, I will do a few things around the house and take a walk around the neighborhood. The weather is cool here!

No comments:

Post a Comment