Thursday, September 17, 2009

38 Weeks

I had my 38 week appointment today. If you recall, last week my cervix was high and closed. Today I am 2 cm dilated, 60% effaced and baby is at -1 station. Where as many women will remain this way for weeks without progressing, my midwife said it is promising that the progress happened so quickly. I am hoping to go into labor on my own before my next appointment! If I don't, then I will have my last ultrasound on Wednesday the 23rd to estimate his weight. When it is verified that he is exceptionally large for dates, I will be scheduling a C-Section for either 9/25 or 9/28. Let's hope I go into labor before then!!

REGARDING HOSPITAL VISITORS:
I found out OFFICIALLY today, from my Doctor, that as long as nothing changes with the policies between now and then, I WILL be able to have FAMILY ONLY visitors briefly while I am in the hospital. However, absolutely NO ONE under 18 years old, and NO ONE who has been around anyone with flu symptoms of any kind. You will also be screened with questions relating to your health before being allowed in. If you are not immediate family, please plan on coming to see Grayson at home in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment