Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Delicious and Nutritious!

If you know me very well, you know that I absolutely LOVE spaghetti squash. I think it's one of the greatest things ever created. Now, I will tell you why.

Ok, first of all it's obviously a low carb alternative to pasta (hence the name). When you cut and bake the squash, the inside pulls out in strings. They are cheap, and a whole squash feeds like 3 people easily. It only has about 40 calories per cup. Tonight I invented a little meal with it, and it was ridiculously amazing. To prepare the squash, you cut it in half, put it inside down on a baking sheet or dish in the oven on 350 for 45 minutes. Then, you take it out and fork out the innards. Set it aside. I sauteed onions, garlic, tomatoes and green olives in olive oil until they were cooked down a little, then added the squash and sauteed them all together for just a few minutes. I topped it with parmesan, and ate a Morningstar meatless burger with it on the side. 


You may think this sounds disgusting, but trust me. It's not! It was awesome, and healthy. The spaghetti squash has tons of fiber too. You can eat it with marinara, or whatever vegetables or meat you want to throw in the mix. I'm reppin' my favorite squash!

I feel like I got hit by a train after the vigorous boot camp class I took to switch up my workout last night. It went something like this... (no breaks):

Jog 100 Yards
Walking Lunges for 100 Yards
Sprint 100 Yards
50 Push Ups
Sprint 100 Yards
50 Bicep Curls
50 Tricep Extensions
Sprint 100 Yards
50 MORE Push Ups
50 Squats
Sprint 100 Yards
300 Ab Crunches in different variations...

Yeah. Stick a fork in me, I am DONE for the night. Buenos Noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment