Friday, December 4, 2009

Grayson at 8.5 weeks and Other News

We are rapidly approaching Grayson's 2 month birthday. I can't believe it has been that long. Lately, we enjoy watching him coo and say "agoo" and even chuckle a bit. He also has found his hands and likes to lick them and beat himself in the top of the head with them too. Speaking of his head, he is holding it up really well now too. His schedule is gradually more predictable. He takes naps at about the same times every day and feeds at about the same times. The unpredictable part is night time. However, the last couple of nights he has only woken up twice to be fed. Just when I am getting used to no sleep, he starts sleeping! Gee whiz.
I weighed him last weekend and he weighed 17 pounds! I know that is hard to believe, but it is true. He is growing like a weed. Every day it is more fun to play with him and watch him try and communicate. He goes to the Pediatrician on Monday for his 2 month check up and first set of immunizations. I am DREADING it! Here are some photos from his second month of life:






In other news, I can officially make the announcement that we are moving back to South Georgia. All of our reasons for moving here remain valid, and we have made the best of our time in Atlanta, now that Grayson is here, it isn't working out. We are on one income right now which just gets us from paycheck to paycheck and won't work for very long. If I go back to work here, the excessive daycare costs will eat away my paycheck. We miss the coast, our family and friends. We will be returning to our old jobs. Mine will be part time so that I can spend more time with Grayson and friends and family will be able to keep him when I am working. Jay will be going back to school to finish his Bachelors of Science in Nursing. We are very excited about the new beginnings. Right now I am just trying to finish packing up the apartment and get ready to head south in two weeks. Next weekend Madraye and Halle will be here and then two weeks after that is Christmas (already!). I couldn't afford to do anything but Christmas cards this year, so my shopping is done! The next time I post will be with holiday photos!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment