Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grandma Jean

I haven't blogged in a while as we have been out of town for a death in the family. Jay's Grandma Jean Madray Shanks died at home on Sunday, June 7th after an extended illness. She had three daughters, six grandchildren and seven (and a half) great-grandchildren along with a brother and three nephews. She was such a wonderful person and there was never a time when she didn't make me laugh. Of all of the "in-laws", I have been in the family for the shortest amount of time, but she meant a lot to me, and she meant the world to my husband. Jay officiated her service, as per her request and it was beautiful. We would like to thank all the wonderful people who took time out to call, come over, bring food etc., and pray for us or with us. It means so much to have an outpouring of support in such a hard time. We will all miss her so much, but we know she is in a much better place.

Jay and Grandma Jean, February 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment