Thursday, October 8, 2009

Grayson Parker Hightower

Grayson Parker Hightower was born October 5th, 2009 at 12:28 pm. He weighed 9 pounds, 14 ounces and was 22.2 inches long.
Everything went according to schedule. I went into the hospital for pre-op at 10:30, wheeled into the OR around 12:00 and had a baby soon after. I recovered in PACU for about an hour, and then finally I got to go to my Mother/Baby room. I was a little groggy right after surgery because they gave me something to calm me after he came out... (I was just a little anxious!) After that, I had some itching from the morphine they put in my spinal, and just some gas pains and general soreness. Motrin has done the trick, though. I haven't needed anything stronger thank goodness.
The Pediatrician checked Grayson and said that he is perfectly healthy. He is nursing well and often. Usually after a C-Section you have to stay at the hospital for 3 days, but since we were both doing so well, they let us leave after two. I was so excited to come home where people weren't coming in every five seconds to bother us! Jay has been taking care of us, and I have basically just been a milk cow... feeding every two hours and trying to nap in between. When I don't use the break to nap, I try and shower or take a walk around the house. He smiles and opens his eyes really big at night when he is awake, and that is a lot of fun to watch. It's like he is studying me. So far: I feel good, I am incredibly happy, and I am very in love with this little guy. Every day is different and exciting. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the last few days...



No comments:

Post a Comment